Sunday, February 27, 2011

One year ago today

On this day, last year, Ben and I got married. Wow, where does time go? It honestly feels like we have only been married six months, MAX! I guess it's true what they say - time flies when you're having fun!


This first year of marriage has been fun, challenging, exciting, and vast array of other emotions. God has been so good to us and provided for us over and over again. My job situation has changed several times in our one year of marriage, and money has been tight from time to time, but God never fails! Right when I would start worrying or wondering what was next, God would open a door and drop exactly what we needed right into our laps.  He truly is SO GOOD! I'm honestly thankful for the challenges we experiences this year, because it forced us to draw closer and rely on each other, and the Lord.



We have spent time decorating our home and getting just like I want we like it, we have traveled, celebrated with friends as they got married, celebrated with friends as they had babies,  had arguments about where we would spend the holidays, celebrated birthdays, found a church home that we love, and spent time thinking and dreaming about future and what all is to come in the next 60 years of our lives.


I am so blessed to have married you, Ben. You are my knight in shining armor, my sun when the skies are cloudy - you are what makes my days complete.  Thank you for loving me when I'm not easy to love and for giving me the reality checks I so often need.  Thank you for standing beside me and encouraging me in all that I do. You're an amazing husband and I'm so thankful for you.  I'm looking forward to a lifetime of joy and happiness, with you - my husband. 





2 comments:

Amanda S said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amanda S said...

ok... no idea what i just did, but for some reason i just commented and it said it was from Mrs. S. hummm. oh well. I said:

YAY! Happy Anniversary! Super sweet post.

Amanda