Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Happy Birthday KayKay!

This past weekend I went home to Alabama to celebrate my mom's birthday. This was the first year in many years that all the kids have been able to come home for either of my parent's birthdays - when we are all together things get loud and busy, but that's exactly how I like things! Ben wasn't able to come home with me because I stayed until Monday and he had to work. My 14 year old cousin, MM, went with me so I didn't have to make the six hour drive by myself.

We got in late Friday night, and by the time we woke up Saturday morning everyone had made it to town.  First thing that morning we had a big breakfast, then we went outside to enjoy the amazing 70 degree weather!


The boys went out and did a little target practice


While the girls played on the swing and talked. I love how N, my nephew, pretends to be shy :) 


After that we went down to the park for a picnic. The boys played with some remote control boats, while the girls enjoyed the warm sun.

That night, we all went to a resturant in town and had a birthday dinner for mom. My SIL, D, and I went to a little early and dressed up the tables with candles and flowers - mom said it was one of the best birthdays she had in a long time - it was nice to have everyone all together. 



Happy Birthday, Mom! We love you!


0 comments: